Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cash Back Update: Ebates



In a previous post about practices to improve buying books in a more affordable manner, I mentioned the use of cash back websites. I also mentioned that I had become a member of a cash back website called Ebates but didn't have confirmation if the site worked as I had just become a member.

Yesterday, my Paypal account received a payment of approx. $20 as a result of using their service to buy products online. And that amounts to my usage of only one month. I still have money pending for the next cycle, but at least I got something back so far. So now, that I at least show some confirmation that the service works, I hope more of you will put it to good use.

And this is not only for you book buying habits, they have a ton of online stores they provide cash back for in all different kinds of industries.

As for books, if you buy from stores like Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Abebooks, etc. very much worth looking into the service since at any given time you can get anywhere from 3% to 12% cash back.

They offered me a $10 B&N gift card for signing up, but I still haven't received it after 2+ months, so I'm going to email them soon to see what's up. But receiving it or not is immaterial since it cost me nothing to start using their service, just my email address.

Just make sure you read and follow their instructions properly to make sure your purchases qualify and you don't lose on a cash back opportunity for not following the steps correctly.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea. And to get money back for all the money spent. Hm. I'm going to look into this. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite worthwhile. Now when a family member is looking to buy something online, I offer to do it (assuming the'll pay me back) and just order whatever it may be using Ebates so I get the commission.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...