Kalimpura was published a month ago on January 29, 2013 and is the third novel by Jay Lake set in what is known as the Green Universe. Tor is providing 3 hardcover copies to giveaway for this most recent installment. At the moment I'm reading Green myself, and so far it's reading really good, so don't pass up on this opportunity.
I really like the covers in this series, and feel that this series is worth getting on that merit alone, particularly the cover for Green which I love done by my favorite cover artist Dan Dos Santos.
If you're interested in sampling Jay Lake's Green Universe, here's a short story titled A Water Matter, the author contributed to the Tor website.
Also for those interested, Jay Lake will be doing a reading and signing of Kalimpura in the Portland, OR at Powell’s at Cedar Hills Crossing on March 8 at 7:00 pm.
The blurb below may contain potential spoilers from previous installments, so if you want to simply enter the giveaway and not get spoiled, make sure to skip this next portion.
This sequel to Green and Endurance takes Green back to the city of Kalimpura and the service of the Lily Goddess.
Green is hounded by the gods of Copper Downs and the gods of Kalimpura, who have laid claim to her and her children. She never wanted to be a conduit for the supernatural, but when she killed the Immortal Duke and created the Ox god with the power she released, she came to their notice.
Now she has sworn to retrieve the two girls taken hostage by the Bittern Court, one of Kalimpura’s rival guilds. But the Temple of the Lily Goddess is playing politics with her life.http://us.macmillan.com/kalimpura/JayLake
Participants have to be 18 years of age or older to participate. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway rules are subject to change.
Giveaway will be for 3 hardcover copies of Kalimpura by Jay Lake provided by Tor.
The giveaway is open US and Canada shipping addresses only. It will run from February 28, 2013 until 11:59 pm ET on March 8, 2013.
How to participate:
- To participate simply log-in into to the Rafflecopter and "Enter" through the easy entry.
- One entry per person, or face disqualification.
- Entries accepted until 11:59pm ET on March 8, 2013.
- There'll be 3 winners total for a hardcover copy of Kalimpura by Jay Lake each.
- Will have to confirm email to be considered a winner within 48 hours.
- Additional entries may be had by following the steps provided in the Rafflecopter instructions, and only by doing those steps.
- Winners will be chosen by random selection using the Rafflecopter.