Monday, May 13, 2013

Update on 24: Live Another Day



He's baaaaaaaaaaaaack... well not yet, but soon... in 2014, DAMN IT. Jack Bauer is set to return to the network that idiotically cancelled his show a couple of years ago. It's not the movie we were expecting, a movie that looked like it was never going to see the light of day, but an event mini-series beginning May 2014. It's not a full season either, much to my chagrin, but I'll take it. Better than a movie as far as I'm concerned, though seeing Jack with unrestrained violence has a certain appeal.

24: Live Another Day will be 12 episodes long. Curious how they'll manage it, but I just know that as soon as I hear Jack Bauer's "Who are you working for!?" I'll be shedding tears of joy.
Jack Bauer is coming back.
Fox executives said Monday that its drama "24" is returning next May for a limited run that will stretch into the summer. The adventure series with Kiefer Sutherland starring as Jack Bauer ended its original run in 2010.
Fox programming chief Kevin Reilly said creators had been thinking about doing a movie with the original cast. But when Fox announced it was interested in doing a big event miniseries, they realized it was the perfect format.
“They always had this idea of maybe someday doing a feature film,” he said. “I think they all agreed 24 being compressed into two hours is not 24.” Sutherland said he was excited to see his character return to TV.
“The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before,”
Sutherland said in a statement. “To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from [producer] Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint...Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off.”
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/05/13/24-returning-to-fox-for-12-episodes-network-announces/

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait! A silly and repetitive as some of the later seasons became, it was always great TV. Hopefully the break has given everyone a chance to regroup, dig deep, and deliver a miniseries that will be every bit as groundbreaking as the original series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even in its down years, I really enjoyed the heck out of them. Hope the miniseries delivers big.

      Delete
  2. Oh thats awesome - my dad loved this show. I have the first season on DVD guess I better get cracking on watching it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the best idea you've had in a while.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...