Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bastard Promotion: Yurine's Pot by Richard Auffrey


Before you go further, download Yurine's Pot by Richard Auffrey for FREE during this weekend.

Anyways, friend of the blog, Richard Auffrey has just published his first short story via Kindle called Yurine's Pot. Before I went into reading fantasy novels and the likes, my background was on things related to anime and manga, and I'm constantly surprised by how much Richard knows about the them. I'm starting to believe more than me, which is not common around my circles. So it's no surprise that this short story deals with a Japanese sake legend, and at the very least I trust that he knows quite a bit on the subject.

For those that don't know, Richard runs a blog known as The Passionate Foodie which focuses on, well, food. Wine, cheese, gourmet food, you name it, he's well informed in the subject, an expert, so I'm curious to see how he seems to mix some of his passions in prose.

Anyways, here's more info on the story:
If your son was dying of cancer, what would you do to save him?

I have taken a big step, self-publishing a new short story for the Kindle. I have always loved writing fiction, and have previously posted five of my food & wine related tales on my blog. I have written plenty of other fiction that has yet to be posted anywhere. It is time to take the next step, to start publishing my work and the advent of the e-book has made that more accessible. So this story is a pioneer, blazing a path for me which I hope will lead to a better realm.

The tale, Yurine's Pot, is a modern fantasy, revolving around an ancient Japanese legend about Sake. A father, whose son is dying of cancer, may have discovered a mystical cure but others are willing to kill for it. Is the legend real or is the father merely deluding himself? What is the father willing to sacrifice to save his son?

This short story is now available HERE and will be Free on Saturday and Sunday, before reverting back to its $0.99 price.

I hope that you enjoy this short story, and if you do, please leave a review on Amazon as well as leave me a comment here on my blog. If you have any constructive criticism, I would love to hear that as well. If this story is well received, it could be the first of more Sake-centric short stories.

Kanpai!
http://passionatefoodie.blogspot.com/2012/03/yurines-pot-new-sake-short-story.html

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your kind words and support. I hope that you and all your readers enjoy the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Richard, thanks for always taking the time to comment in the blog, it's appreciated. And good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...