I'm not much of a charitable person, but once in a while I try to do what I can. In all, I'm just a lazy person. When I saw this campaign, I thought it was a worthwhile idea and easy enough to contribute to. Not only that, my brother is a volunteer in a foundation to help homeless and abused animals, so I thought he'd like me to do what I can here. My sister and mother love pets, at times even more than their own family, so this post really comes from them more than from me. And if someone who calls himself Bastard online can take a few minutes to write a post that will help feed dogs in need, why shouldn't you?
Times are tough, the economy is struggling, and nature keeps pounding humanity with ferocity. Through these, dogs suffer too through neglect, and even with people who love them, but can no longer take care of them. Let's do what we can. And if for nothing else, doing the right thing actually feels good and makes you feel better about yourself, so let's do it.
Pedigree is resurrecting is insanely successful Write a Post, Help a Dog program. In 2010, 391 bloggers wrote about the program and with each post, Pedigree donated 20 pounds of its Healthy Longevity dog food to shelter animals. In all, 7,820 pounds of food was donated to two shelters renowned for their care of senior dogs: Muttville Senior Dog Rescue in San Francisco and Castaway Critters in Harrisburg, Pa.
How you can help in 2011:
Simply spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog 2011 and once again Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of food for each blogger's post. Here's all you need to include in your post:
- The Write a Post, Help a Dog program is aimed at raising awareness and food for the more than four million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year.
- For each blog post mentioning the Pedigree Foundation from now until midnight ET on September 3, Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of its new dry Pedigree recipe food for dogs -- its best recipe ever -- to a shelter, because every dog deserves leading nutrition.
- The Pedigree Foundation -- a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit organization is committed to helping dogs by providing grants to shelters and rescues and encouraging dog adoption. This year the Foundation has already raised more than $376,570 against its goal of $1.5 million to carry out its work to fund grants that not only help shelters operate, but to further shelter innovations.
The Pedigree Foundation depends on charitable contributions from individuals to carry out its mission to help dogs find loving homes. In addition to writing a blog post, here's how you can help:
- Donate online at http://pedigreefoundation.org/donate.aspx
- Apply for a shelter grant from the Pedigree Foundation by completing a form at www.pedigreefoundation.org
- Purchase Dogs Rule Gear at www.dogsrulegear.com where the proceeds go to the Pedigree Foundation to help loving dogs find a home. SPECIAL OFFER: Get 10 percent off Dogs Rule Gear by using the promo code BlogPaws10 from August 22 - September 30.
Then, link up to our Blog Hop below, hosted by the Pedigree BlogPaws bloggers to help spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog.